Wednesday 19 May 2010

How Busy Was I last Week? By Natalie Ruecroft, Sales Exec

Monday was a typical Monday so busy- busy right up until 5pm! Then on Tuesday morning, Richard, Harriet and I headed down to London for the Academic Venues Show, organised by Venuemasters. Richard and Harriet are old pro’s so they knew exactly what to expect but this was the first time I’d been to the show (or worked at any exhibition!) so I was a wee bit nervous!















After a 4 hour drive which mainly consisted of me sleeping in the back and listening to Richard’s sat-nav make weird speed camera warning noises every 2 minutes, we arrived at the Emirates Stadium and set up the stand for the following day. Tuesday evening was spent at Brown’s - where I enjoyed the Salmon in soy sauce – before heading back to the hotel for a cup of tea and a bit of Road Wars on the telly!

On Wednesday the show itself was great – really busy, producing loads of conference leads to chase which should keep me busy for the next couple of weeks!

Thursday was mainly a catch up day from being out of the office and therefore was super-busy again!

On Friday I headed across to Manchester for a sales training course. I arrived in Manchester at about 8am, and after about 35mins of wandering around looking lost (despite being given a hand drawn map from Richard on Thursday evening), I found the hotel at which course was being held (not quite as easy as Richard and Matt made out, but I found it in the end!). It was a really good, fun course and I took away some very helpful sales tips from it.

I arrived back in Leeds about 3.30pm on Friday and after a quite a hectic but productive week I was ready to head home to settle down with a cup of tea, bakewell tart and Eastenders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment